Rocna revealed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all that information. I had seen the Rocna, and heard people talk about it, but much of it "sounded too good to be true"..... Happy now that I didn't buy one.... I'll stick with my Fortress and CQR.....

JAT wrote:
Thanks for all that information. I had seen the Rocna, and heard people talk about it, but much of it "sounded too good to be true"..... Happy now that I didn't buy one.... I'll stick with my Fortress and CQR.....
*There's a reason you see the Coast Guard boats, at least here in the NW, all using Fortresses. *They certainly don't a weight concern given the size of the vessels, so they must like them because of their holding power.

"so they must like them because of their holding power."

USCG boats are manned , so any anchoring would include an Anchor Watch.

The CREW probably loves them because of the fly weight.

To sleep at night our 60# Danforth , CQR and Bruce (with a 35H Danforth stern anchor) allow us to do without the extra crew.

motion30 wrote:
wow what great suprise another product made in china that is unsafe and not as avertised I am shocked rite next to the poison dog food and lead coated baby toys
sorry, that was a "bit cheap charlie" comment - *concidering that a large % of all US productcts are made in China.

that said *- I mainly buy producs that are EU, AU, NZ or US because of the warranty that comes with it - especially the EU that gives 2 years warranty. *

-- Edited by Singleprop on Saturday 8th of October 2011 11:21:45 AM

Singleprop wrote:motion30 wrote:
wow what great suprise another product made in china that is unsafe and not as avertised I am shocked rite next to the poison dog food and lead coated baby toy

But - you are absolutly RIGHT *about the big picture

-- Edited by Singleprop on Saturday 8th of October 2011 11:38:31 AM

-- Edited by Singleprop on Saturday 8th of October 2011 06:09:54 PM

I'm like Marin.

We buy the product we like best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom