Rocna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Well some of my family were boarding their flight today to head back to Vancouver and guess who was on the same flight. Gary (Rocna Rep we met at the boat show) they put me on the phone with him and he said when I come visit my family in Vancouver I'll get a full factory tour and he's going to take us out on his boat for a day. Thought that was pretty cool.

Well some of my family were boarding their flight today to head back to Vancouver and guess who was on the same flight. Gary (Rocna Rep we met at the boat show) they put me on the phone with him and he said when I come visit my family in Vancouver I'll get a full factory tour and he's going to take us out on his boat for a day. Thought that was pretty cool.

Watch out Oliver, you are young and impressionable. If Gary offers you Kool-Aid, don't drink it. Hopcar has already succumbed.:D

Don, It's too late... I drunk it..:nonono::hide:

Gary was very impressed with Oliver and his family. Very nice folks, and they have back hoes! Stories were told of Oliver running heavy equipment at a young age.

Gary was very impressed with Oliver and his family. Very nice folks, and they have back hoes! Stories were told of Oliver running heavy equipment at a young age.

Gonna have to come down south and dig you that pond you've been talking about.

Hi Oliver....what would the factory be? I thought Rocna anchors were still being manufactured in China? Or is it where CMP manufactures other products such as chain or zincs?

And what kind of boat does he have?

Hi Oliver....what would the factory be? I thought Rocna anchors were still being manufactured in China? Or is it where CMP manufactures other products such as chain or zincs?

And what kind of boat does he have?

Frankly i was wondering what he meant by factory too. I'm going to try and get in touch with him. Yes Im also curious about his boat, I think he might of said Bertram but not sure. Parks would know.

Sorry Oliver, I don't remember what kind of boat he has. We spoke of several boats both past and present. Some sort of cruising power boat.

Before you put your life in another captains hands and get on their boat you should always check out their safety equipment. What kind of anchor does this guy have?

Prior to the whole Holdfast deal and Rocna production moving to China, the anchors were being made in both New Zealand and Vancouver, BC at Suncoast Marine. After production moved to China, Suncoast continued to act as a Rocna distributor. But to my knowledge, they no longer actually manufactured anchors. According to Canadian Metals, they (Canadian Metals) moved production from the original fabricator in China to their wholly owned fabrication plant in China.

Perhaps there is a Canadian Metals plant in Vancouver where they make other stuff, and that is the factory tour that was offered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom