Interesting Anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a different one I saw at Sailorman today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 134
I've seen those on Mangusta's and Perishing's. Interesting indeed.

They certainly did not stint on the metal content. Is that a $1499.00 price-tag I see?

Well it finally happened.

Somebody actually upgraded/improved the Claw.

Looks heavy duty (or just heavy) so no doubt for the bigger boat market. Most new designs tend to be in the "lightest weight greatest holding power" category.

I like the short shank w reinforced flanged edges and the bevel cut on the fluke leading edge.

I see the twist in the outboard flukes is missing. Perhaps they didn't understand it (like me (I have some ideas)) or felt it wasn't necessary.

Also appears to be designed as an upright setter but probably rotates 180 degrees just like the Claw. The Claw sometimes only rotates 90 degrees and plows along. I'm not sure how often this happens but it could explain many things that are told about the type. I'd guess the Claw would be better at penetrating (especially hard bottoms) from an upside down position than this one.

Because of the price and big boat lean and high price independent testing will probably be a long time coming.

But the fact that someone took the Claw to a new level (Marin would probably say "low") is big news to me as I've been expecting it for a long time. It does look like it would be very hard to pull out if set well in a good bottom.

It's a new anchor but obviously not photographed in a boat show.

Last edited:
MrJim, HOLLYWOOD,
With our culture in it's present state that will probably be a selling point.

OD I agree.

Another anchor it resembles is the Max.

While I was there I wasooking at picking up a pair of these they had used for the boat I currently run.

80 kg. Ultras.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 104
While I was there I wasooking at picking up a pair of these they had used for the boat I currently run.

80 kg. Ultras.

Interesting photo. I thought it best not to attach the swivel thingy directly to the anchor. Perhaps someone here knows if this is correct.

Back
Top Bottom