Interesting read of the results. It should send a clear message to the state to hold on to control of state waters.
Quote from survey results:
ANCHORING REGULATION PREFERENCES
How best to implement regulation of anchoring
Respondents were provided a scenario where if the Florida Legislature chooses to
address the issue of anchoring on state waters, the respondents were asked their
preference on how best to regulate anchoring.
▪ 52% of respondents stated they preferred that anchoring regulations be
consistently applied everywhere in the state.
▪ 40% preferred that local governments which choose to restrict anchoring only be
authorized to adopt specific state-authorized restrictions.
▪ 8% of respondents preferred that local governments have the ability to regulate
anchoring on state waters in their jurisdiction in any manner they choose.
Respondents were also asked at what level of government they preferred authority
to regulate anchoring to reside.
▪ 66% preferred that authority to remain at the state level.
▪ The remaining respondents (34%) preferred authority to be granted to county
governments (15%), both county and city-level governments (14%) or city-level
governments only (5%).