First stockless SHHP anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just funn'in you.

I know.:)

Looks like we've got 10 days coming up w no rain.

We drove today over Stevens Pass to Leavenworth for lunch, then back home via Blewett and Snoqualmie passes. Beautiful weather, lots of snow (as opposed to last winter), great day.

Got home to a message that our PNW boat, after three months in and out of the yard to troubleshoot, track down and fix a serious, complex and frustrating problem is back in the water with the problems solved and ready for us to sea trial for the final adjustments with the yard's chief mechanic. So we'll be able to start taking advantage of the stretches of boatable weather between now and when it starts getting too crowded around here come June.

Last edited:
My gift to Eric and the forum is a new anchor to discuss :D :thumb:

The Posidonia PTW+® Anchor, the first stockless anchor to be rated by Lloyds as super high holding power;

POSIDONIA SRL - Products > Anchors > Yacht anchors > PTW+ Anchors

Italian made, comes in sizes down to 17kg (pretty suspect at that size I bet) but would look pretty damn cool snuggled up against the bow through the hawse pipe of a medium to large sized trawler...

I have never seen one of these in real life but it seems I may be about to.
My offer has been accepted on the boat in the picture here and I believe there are two of these bad boys hanging through the hawse pipes on this bow. I am headed to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks to experience a sea trail and survey that is not in my native language. That ought to be interesting. I will also be interested in getting a close look at these anchors.

Attachments

• Libra.jpg
    Libra.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 78
I have never seen one of these in real life but it seems I may be about to.
My offer has been accepted on the boat in the picture here and I believe there are two of these bad boys hanging through the hawse pipes on this bow. I am headed to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks to experience a sea trail and survey that is not in my native language. That ought to be interesting. I will also be interested in getting a close look at these anchors.

Not a tippy-toe to the edge kind of guy, are you?

DANG that's a purdy boat. Dare to Dream :thumb:

Last edited:
"Danforths in my experience are handicapped by poor performance during pull direction changes (wind shifts)."

Operator problem.

Mr Ogg inventor of the Danforth in his book always suggests 2 or more anchors to solve this problem.

A 12 H stern anchor , hand set ,will solve the "problem" in under 2 min of effort.

How is this in any way considered an operator problem if two anchors are required in order to reliably work? It is an anchor problem.

Now the danforth has proven itself as a great anchor. True. But not reliably with big shifts.

Klee wyck Bill,
Those anchors on the Libra are not the SHHP Posidonia anchors. The flukes on the anchors on the Libra are splayed out quite a bit kinda like the Forfjord whereas the outboard edge of the flukes are nearly parallel to the shank on the Posidonia. Not the same anchor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom