An Anchoring Predicament

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All these comments about french are so cute... they remind me the comments I heard about american tourists... the reality is that a dumb ass is just that, whatever if he speaks English or French and if he comes from France, Canada or US...L

True this. Every Country has their share, and that definitely includes us.

BTW, I had an anchor situation a few years ago that went sideways and it could have resulted in damage to our boat. A French dude on a sailboat anchored next to me helped bail me out, and saved my A$*.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to tell a war story about an obnoxious New Jersey boater at Liberty Landing marina last year, but I'll refrain. I think one of the earlier posts is correct, you can find clueless, shady, or obnoxious people from anywhere on earth.

No intention to insult anybody. Apologies if I did.

J'ai fait

il y a une grande division entre le québec et le français

Not so much in fact. French language in Quebec started when colons settled there. From that time it was same language origin that evolute in two separated branches. So in Quebec they are using some words French people forgot about and in France they use some words not known here. Most of the differences come from slang and it makes all of this very funny :)

L

Sorry for the thread drift, but it got me thinking about race vs. ethnicity. My initial quip was meant to be amusing, I remembered I had a colleague from Quebec in one of my classes I’ve known for years had just returned from her first trip to France that she’d been looking forward to for many years, since she was a child in fact. She was very disappointed because she had a very difficult time being understood in Paris (but there’s Paris and then there’s France).:)

Having lived & worked in the EU for many years I had the good fortune to make several good friends, including some very lovely French, Dutch, Irish & German folks, we still visit regularly.

Je suis désolé si j'ai offensé

Sorry for the thread drift, but it got me thinking about race vs. ethnicity. My initial quip was meant to be amusing, I remembered I had a colleague from Quebec in one of my classes I’ve known for years had just returned from her first trip to France that she’d been looking forward to for many years, since she was a child in fact. She was very disappointed because she had a very difficult time being understood in Paris (but there’s Paris and then there’s France).:)

Having lived & worked in the EU for many years I had the good fortune to make several good friends, including some very lovely French, Dutch, Irish & German folks, we still visit regularly.

Je suis désolé si j'ai offensé

I could tell you so many funny and embarrassing stories about me when I came here you would not believe me! You may speak same language but sometimes there are differences, same apply between British English and American English.

L

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom