Anchor Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please, I beg of you - don't ask another anchor question.

Speaking of which, what brand do you all recommend I tie around my neck before I jump off the dock because I can't stand another anchor thread? I'm thinking a Fortress, as I want my body to stay in one place to make it easier to find.

Bwahahahahahahaha

Yeah, but they're "one-directional." I don't trust them to hold/reset if there are large changes in wind or current directions.

Wasn't the Danforth used by military landing craft to pull them off the beaches once unloaded?

Yes that was the Danforth start.Anchor shakeled to line , no chain.

If one reads OGG's free booklet (OGG designed the Danforth) 2 anchors are always the recommendation in reversing tidal streams.

With the holding power of a 12H , setting the stern anchor takes about 2 min.(50ft boat)

Longer if your boat is longer and you have a long distance to walk from stern to bow.

With the holding power of a 12H , setting the stern anchor takes about 2 min.(50ft boat)
I don't believe I will need an anchor tied to my stern as well. The Fortress or Bunch O' Cinderblocks recommended by Marin should suffice.

Delfin, a chain rode necktie may be all that's required. At the most, a river mushroom anchor. Sometimes, even the most basic of anchors is still too much. Just trying to save your heirs some boat bucks here...

Delfin, a chain rode necktie may be all that's required. At the most, a river mushroom anchor. Sometimes, even the most basic of anchors is still too much. Just trying to save your heirs some boat bucks here...

Sound advice. No sense in overkill.

I carry a 60 lb CQR on the bow, and I have a Fortress FX-37....... Here in FL both anchors work well.... I prefer the Fortress as I have anchored and had some storms come up and the anchor stayed well set....in fact a bit too well....had to work to get it out of the bottom!

Back
Top Bottom