Sydney Boat Show 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
We visited on Sunday. Coursemaster Autopilots in Sydney donated 2 tickets to a community radio station, I got them as a subscription renewal reward.
As with last year, it is a ferry ride from the marina to the product exhibition halls, until the new venue at Cockle Bay/Darling Harbor is completed.
If you go each year, it`s largely "same old", but not entirely. Notable this year were the US brands exhibiting, no doubt attracted by the tanking AU $ making it easier to sell into our market. Carver(with sterndrives), Meridian, Hatteras, Ocean Alexander, Alaska,Fleming and Horizon were there, but no Kadey Krogen this year. Local/semi local brands included Riviera, Maritimo, Caribbean, Steber, Integrity. Unfortunately Fairway don`t come to Sydney, shame, they probably sell all they make in Queensland.
The standout boat for me was the traditional Fleming 55. Soaring swirls of white plastic interspersed with odd shaped breakout black windows, some almost at the waterline,as seen on some other brands, don`t do it for me. Fleming welcomed inspections of their beautifully designed and built trawler, unlike some brands which would not let you aboard unless you were a proven potential buyer with an appointment,or gave them your email, phone number, and your inside leg measurement.
Knowing Oliver was in or near the USA at this time, we felt relatively safe leaving our shoes on the dock while inspecting boats, even so we took the precaution of not wearing good shoes which might prove irresistible.
We met popular ex TF member Rex, from Anchor Right, at his display of Super and Excel Sarca anchors. Rex reported a busy Boat Show, indeed we excused ourselves from a chat so he could talk with several potential customers.
I`m under some pressure regarding a 2 year old Integrity 38 sedan, single John Deere 225, thrusters both ends, at $399K ono. Nice boat, good size, well equipped, turnkey. Think I`ll have a cup of tea, a rest, remember the recent benefit of twins redundancy, hoping temptation, and the gentle nagging, go away.

Last edited:
Oooooohhhh, that Integrity's a luuurvely boat Bruce. I know...you get one, then wifey (not B), and I will pop down from time to time and crew for you. How's that for a good deal..? Actually she would quite rightly be wifey B, because our surname does start with B….funny that.

Back
Top Bottom