RV Refrigerator Deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Aussies,
I have no interest in this except a flyer hit my mailbox. Ray`s Outdoors have a metal cased 60L Eva Kool Fridge/Freezer for $699 until Sept 1. A 35L plastic case Waeco cost me about $640 a while back. I don`t need another, but someone might.

I bought a 55L Waeco fridge/freezer a while back as well. They are a great unit with a Danfoss compressor and can run both compartments as a freezer.

From what I've heard, Eva Cool also make a good product, but the one advertised is an evaparator unit, which are much less efficient than the compressor type. They often struggle on a hot day. (hence the lower price)

Waeco and Evacool make both compressor type and evaporator type refrigeration units, but IMO it is worth spending the extra money for a compressor type if you plan on keeping something frozen on a hot day.

AusCan,
Agree with you completely.
I have 2 x 110 lt Eva Kool units on my back deck (compressor units in fiberglass)wouldn't use Al or tin units on boat.
These units ran non stop for 6 odd years. They werer 1/2 and 1/2 frig/fteezer.
Last year I took them back to EvaKool for a rebuild as one had lost its puff.
Full rebuild on each about $700.00 all up and now one is a freezer and one all frig should get another 6 or 7 years out of them.
Bloody good units.

Cheers
Benn

Guys, if the Eva Kool is not compressor driven I would not choose one either.It was not in the advert, good research Auscan.
My Danfoss powered Waeco has been excellent. As has the Danfoss unit powering the original 12v 32 year old fridge in Doriana. Moorebank Refrigeration fitted it new, recently they serviced my Eutectics, I gave them a copy of their own faded installation instructions included with the IG Manuals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom