Old 08-11-2016, 03:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Brisbane (boats on the Gold Coast)
Vessel Name: Hassall Free
Vessel Model: Riviera 35 Aft Cabin
Our new (to us) boat

Hi, A few months ago we sold our 30 Riviera and brought a 35 Riviera aft cabin (40` LOA). I have to admit i`m pretty happy with it. It has 3 cabins, 2 toilets, 3 showers, 6.5 kva onan genset, ducted reverse cycle A/C, fridge, freezer, microwave, and is powered by twin 6BT 210 cummins (1500 hrs) and a front deck mounted electric davco davit for the tender. It tops out at 22knots wot, but is also nice cruising at 8knots/1400rpm 20L p/h combined. It surveyed well and I had it lifted at Maritimo on the Gold Coast and while it was in the sling Bill Barry-Cotter came over for a look and a chat and told me they only made 16 and were sold as Rivs and Mariners and the hull mold from a Markline 1100, although ours is badged as a Riviera it`s actually registered as a Mariner
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:34 AM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Congrats, Yobbo. Nice boat. Interesting that the hull mould was that of the Markline 1100. That is an NZ design, and I remember clearly salivating over the Markline range, (there's a 1000 & a 950 as well, I think), when I visited the Auckland boat show years ago. However, back then I was a yachtie, (sail-boater for the North Americans), and on one hand diss'ing them as floating gin palaces, yet secretly thinking, "wow, what must it be like to own one of those?" There's one on our finger at our marina actually, or was. I think it disappeared recently however. Not sure...