Gold Coast Berth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichardC

Vessel Name
Good To Go
Vessel Make
DeFever 44
G'day everyone, I'm hoping someone may be able to help. We want to shift our boat "Good To Go" onto a berth around the Gold Coast. We have until Dec 2018 on our current poles. We are fully insured and would prefer somewhere that would allow the wife and I as live-a-boards.
R&D

Last edited:
Here is a link to Moor & Store, with one for sale and one for rent. Not sure how current the advert is.
Gold Coast City Marina Berths For Sale - MarinaBerths.com

The facility is a really good option for liveaboards as you have land storage shed and secure parking. The facility is somewhat unusual in that each berth/shed has freehold title due to being carved out of low-lying land. Most marina berths are a sub-lease from a seabed head lease owned by the marina, and attract significant government fees.

Last edited:
G'day everyone, I'm hoping someone may be able to help. We want to shift our boat "Good To Go" onto a berth around the Gold Coast. We have until Dec 2018 on our current poles. We are fully insured and would prefer somewhere that would allow the wife and I as live-a-boards.
R&D

Richard, while I agree with Insequent, the facilities are good at GC City marina, their costs reflect that, and there is also the issue (to me important) of the rather long hike at under 6kn all the way down the river until you actually get somewhere. It is even higher up the river than Sanctuary Cove.

For the most cost competitive price, and close proximity to the actual bay itself, it would be hard to go past Horizon Shores where I am, (so slightly biased admittedly), but I still feel that way after 16 years, so that might say something.

I also know there are berths there available, and liveaboards are welcome. Their contact details etc are in the following links, which, as I have no precunary interest, I think is ok for me to put up.

http://horizonshores.com.au/

http://horizonshores.com.au/berthing.htm

http://horizonshores.com.au/img/Pricelists/HS%20A4s%20WBSprice%20hr.pdf

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hi Richard, Runaway Bay Marina is a very convenient spot, I am there now, bit pricy, your boat would be about $8000 PA, plus power. Another good spot is Hope Island Marina off the Coomera river, has all facilities for liveaboards, Supermarket, Drs, Bottle store and restaurants and a good Pub, was quite well priced last time I was there.

Hi Richard, I think you'll find unless their policy has changed that Gold Coast City Marina don't allow live aboard's. We spent almost a year living onboard in the Hope Island Marina which is very close to the Gold Coast City Marina.

Hope Island was one of the few who allowed live aboard's in that area. Also they did not charge any extra for living aboard. Parking was a bit of a nightmare but on the upside there is a shopping center and pub on site.

As Peter says Horizon Shores isn't a bad option as well but it's a bit out of the way and I always found it interesting navigating in and out on a lower tide if you have a deeper draft.

Cheers

Brett

Back
Top Bottom