Bound For Sydney 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have time, call in to Trial Bay on your way south (it past Nambucca Heads).

We always detour into there. One of the prettiest places, IMHO.

Hamish.

Hi normandawn1, your boat name rang a bell, and yes, you`ve a letter in April`s Afloat magazine about exploring every bar you can on the east coast. Seems ambitious fun at first but really it`s about filming coastal bars of the non alcohol kind, from the good ship Peggy-Anne from onboard and by drone, for the information and safety of others.
I`ve never done it but, entering Lake Macquarie could be challenging. May it go well.

Bruce,

Lake Macquarie is where we live , and I take Liberty in and out of there no issues at all, never had an issue with the Bar nor the Swansea Channel, I think it is the fear of the unknown to most . Just like most bars go in on the rising tide, preferably the top end of it. We have fellow boating members of RMYC Broken Bay that take a 106 footer in and out of there every year and a 76 foot Norhavn also goes in and out. Believe it or not Port Stephens can stand up a lot worst than Lake Macquarie if the conditions are right.

Regards Chris D Liberty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom