Xantrex Truecharge 2 Remote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
So I installed two, 40amp Xantrex chargers with a remote for 2 battery banks. Charger 1 to bank 1 and Charger 2 to bank 2. The chargers are also connected in parallel per the instructions.

So here is my question. If you look at the center of the remote panel you see "Battery Status." Then banks 1-3. So I only have bank 1 illuminating. I thought 1 and 2 would be illuminated. I will double check the communications cable.

Any other suggestions?:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_4054.jpg
    IMG_4054.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4055.jpg
    IMG_4055.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 65
So after talking to the company tech support we came up with a solution. I had both battery banks on post #1 on BOTH chargers, with a jumper from Charger #1, Post #1 to #2 Charger, Post #1. same connection electrically. The panel was showing the "sum" of the two banks.

Solution:

Move Battery Bank #2 lead to #2 Charger #2 post. Then jumper from Charger #1, Post #2 to #2 Charger, Post #2.

The reason for the jumper is to parallel #1 Charger to #2 Charger. Both chargers are 40amp. If Battery Bank #2 needs 50amps, it can "borrow" 10amps from Charger #1. So it is based on paralleling the individual posts, not the chargers, so to speak.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom