Just to close this thread out, here's the finished console and some lessons learned:
- PVC board is pretty easy to work with.
- PVC pipe dope (glue) works well on PVC board (so far - longevity unknown.)
- PVC board gets dirty pretty easily. Use Chlorox wipes or (worst case) fine sandpaper to clean.
- Give yourself 50% more volume behind the console than you expect to need.
I was amazed how tight everything was packed in by the time I was finished.
- Measure everything. Don't believe the specs.
Those so-called 2" gauges needed a 2-1/8" hole. A real pain to file them out!
For my next PVC board project, I'm thinking of making a "glove compartment" forward of my starboard flybridge bench seat. Perhaps a wedge-shaped cushion for reclining on, that hinges to reveal a stowage compartment behind. But first it's some boat yoga in the bowels of the engine compartment to re-plumb my shower sump and air conditioning pumps.