Wireless Cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have three wireless cameras located in my ER, and one in an aft compartment that that shows my steering system and fresh water plumbing. Both allow me to monitor the bilge also.
All four cameras are PTZ, which when I view them on my iPad/iPhone I can pan, tilt and zoom the view. I can check both ER raw water strainers, see the vacuum gauges on top of the Racor fuel filters and have a good look around at anything else that may not be normal.

The Wyze cameras are 5vdc, which can adapt to 12vcd or 110ac.

Plus 1 for the Wyze cams, which are wired for power but wireless for image transmission. A lot of capability for very little money. I haven’t tried to network them with the Furuno MFDs yet, but they’re great for remote monitoring, including sound.

Here’s what’s going on in my somewhat messy ER as I sit in the saloon.

Attachments

• 530A9EAA-568F-472B-8CF3-2F7331269BE1.jpg
    530A9EAA-568F-472B-8CF3-2F7331269BE1.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 89
I have three wireless cameras located in my ER, and one in an aft compartment that that shows my steering system and fresh water plumbing. Both allow me to monitor the bilge also.
All four cameras are PTZ, which when I view them on my iPad/iPhone I can pan, tilt and zoom the view. I can check both ER raw water strainers, see the vacuum gauges on top of the Racor fuel filters and have a good look around at anything else that may not be normal.

What brand, where sourced? 12v? TIA

Plus 1 for the Wyze cams, which are wired for power but wireless for image transmission. A lot of capability for very little money. I haven’t tried to network them with the Furuno MFDs yet, but they’re great for remote monitoring, including sound.

Here’s what’s going on in my somewhat messy ER as I sit in the saloon.
Ian......What nice bright colors you have in your engine room! ?
Salty's ER is sterile white....maybe I should paint my John Deeres green and yellow!?

Ian......What nice bright colors you have in your engine room! ?
Salty's ER is sterile white....maybe I should paint my John Deeres green and yellow!?

What can I say, Luke? The PO was a car guy and liked clean engines. My good fortune. :thumb:

What brand, where sourced? 12v? TIA
I don't know the brand, something made in China I'm sure. Installed about five years ago so I'm sure the technology has improved since then. They are 5V, so a simple 12V to 5V converter module for power. Wireless transmission using an old router that I had (also 12V). I log into the network from my iPad and have full control.

I use Wansview and Jennov 30x outdoor PTZ 1080p wifi cameras and have found they have held up for years. Wansview was $39 and Jennov 30x outdoor was $149 on Amazon. I even put a Wansview in a lexan food jar, sealed it and drop if over the side to watch fish and look at my props. They also have sound so you can hear pumps, blowers, noises, and scare the hell out of anyone you talk to.
At their low prices, a PTZ is so much better than any fixed camera.
Also great to watch from home or work on my phone or PC.

Attachments

• Cwansview cameras.jpg
    Cwansview cameras.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190306091002(37692999).jpg
    20190306091002(37692999).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 201902241021531551021713550.jpg
    201902241021531551021713550.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Jennov.jpg
    Jennov.jpg