Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. HC. I've used the Lucas smoke replacement before and yes, you are correct it is designed for +'ve earth systems BUT you can re-align the molecules quite easily by putting one of these around the container as your refilling your device...
https://www.shopearththerapy.com/products/pure-copper-magnetic-bracelet

Untitled-10_1024x1024.jpg

Never heard of blinker fluid!! WTHeck? Probably find it right along side the key to the keelson, with the quarter inch putty right?

I start to fill an unbalance between my + me and - me. Time for a wine therapy to get back to spirit equilibrium.

Will This Work?

I think it did.:popcorn:

"no, no, I said the left handed pipe wrench!!"

When I asked a young newbie dock attendant to - "bring out the channel locks so I could best secure things while doing my wrenching efforts"... too soon I heard splashes in the water and next I knew there were two lines extending from shore to shore on thin canal.

Beware...the smoke will not be effective when used w LEDs

Re the replacement smoke and positive earth, it can still be used on our boats. Here's the procedure:

1) Simply reverse the pos and neg battery terminals.

2) Allow the old, negative earth smoke to release.

3) Once the old, used smoke has cleared, replenish with new positive earth smoke using the Lucas refills.

It's no different from flushing and replacing coolant in your engine.

I wish Moss Motors sold that back when I was into English sports cars.

Look at the bright side, at least you got to learn all about Whitworth.

I'm still trying to find the left handed crescent wrench my scout master sent me after 50 years ago
I heard he wants it back, keep looking.:D

Add 17% prop wash. And never let the smoke out!

I was 18 yrs. old.; 1st week ever on commercial const job. Second story of 1860's bank in Camden ME, i.e. the Camden National Bank - which Cummings Const. out of Massachusetts was completely renovating. We were using 90 lb. pneumatic jack hammer with rotating star-bit cutter for cutting holes into big granite stones so we could then put in wedges and place chisel bit in end of jack hammer to split stones for removal. "Swede" the super on site suddenly turns to me and says... hey kid - go to the shed and get the soft rubber tipped bit so we can be more gentle to these stones. For the first couple seconds I turned to shinny down the scaffold to do so. Ten I turned back around and said - rubber, soft rubber... you sure it's not hard rubber, you are kidding about rubber aren't you? Well, the other well seasoned construction workers got a big kick out of Swede trying to pull my leg. If I'd have bought what he requested and had gone down to get the jack hammer's rubber tip it would not have worked favorably for the seasoned persons view of a young kid on a big job.

From that day on I always look pleasantly back on that moment as my introduction into commercial building and the ribbing a youngster can get from "the old boys" when being a real novice.

LUCAS, The Prince of Darkness..

After 45 years of British cars and motorcycles, glutton for punishment that I am I have one of the last series 3 Rovers (74) imported to the U.S:banghead:

Last edited:
After 45 years of British cars and motorcycles, glutton for punishment that I am I have one of the last series 3 Rovers (74) imported to the U.S:banghead:

Photos? :popcorn:

Fine rubbing compound Then Finesse-it and wooolie slow turning , just repolish. Works everytime. Good for compass's as well. Just keep the woolie speed down or you'll melt the plastic.!!!

Why all the negative comments about Lucas electric?

They were an innovative company that invented the intermittent windshield wipers.............................unintentionally.

Self dimming headlights too.

OK, I'll play. Why do the British like warm beer? Lucas refrigerators.

Back
Top Bottom