Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #41
Vessel Name: Just a Tinch
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 44 MC
Just as an aside.... If you are trying to install a secondary antenna or extender via USB or other wired connection.... If you cannot establish proper function of the device.... The problem may be caused by your anit-virus and or firewall software.

When I was installing mine....the anti-virus/firewall software I use ("Vipre") did not like the antenna software. I had to uninstall the Vipre, install the antenna and re-install Vipre.... Everything was fine after that.

JAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #42
City: Solomons Island Md
Vessel Name: Fryedaze
Vessel Model: Monk (Overseas Ltd)
Originally Posted by fryedaze View Post
This is what we use. I get about twice the signal strength as an external laptop antenna. I think the system advertised on line use the same components for 2 or 3 times the cost.
Dave Alfa Hi-Gain Omni-Directional Outdoor 12dBi Antenna - 2.4/2.5GHz 3.7-Feet long Weatherproof antenna With N Female Connector: Electronics Ubiquiti BULLET-M5-HP Outdoor 802.11n M5HP: Computers & Accessories

Soooo, I am quoting my own message!
I had to relocate my antenna due to my new bridge enclosure. Instead of doing that I decieded to give the Alfa AWUS036NHR a shot. It beats the heck out of my other antenna and I can just sit it inside the boat on the table.

Dave Frye
Fryedaze, Monk 42' 1989 Overseas Co
fryedaze is offline   Reply With Quote