What is the logic using 6v batteries in series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam's Club's Duracell 6Vs are made by East Penn, and are **much** better than the other GC's available through Walmart or other mass retail.

And no more expensive

John, we get it. You like Sam's Club batteries. However, not everyone has a Sam's club nearby. Also not every one of them will carry them. If I was in the market for them, and had both a Costco and Sam's Club nearby, I would opt for the Sam's Club.

FlyWright,
Do you by chance have a link for those batteries at Cosco? I've search their web site many ways and can't find them.

I looked for a link the other day and could only find search parameters for auto batteries. My local Costcos all handle the GC batteries. It's a bit hard to find specs on them but I did some digging through the Interstate Distributor and learned that these new ones are 208AH. The ones I bought 5 years ago were 220AH, to the best of my recollection.

Sam's Club's Duracell 6Vs are made by East Penn, and are **much** better than the other GC's available through Walmart or other mass retail.

And no more expensive

We always welcome new topic experts on TF. Do you work in the industry? As a relative newbie here and a prolific poster on battery threads, we don't know your background, so maybe you could fill in some of the blanks for us.

You have made many claims in batteries but we see no data. Can you post data to support your claims?

I looked for a link the other day and could only find search parameters for auto batteries. My local Costcos all handle the GC batteries. It's a bit hard to find specs on them but I did some digging through the Interstate Distributor and learned that these new ones are 208AH. The ones I bought 5 years ago were 220AH, to the best of my recollection.

I looked at the ones at my local Costco when I was there. The label on the batteries themselves gave the Ah but I can't recall what it was. My weak recollection was that it was between 210 and 220.

Interstate doesn't even manufacture batteries. They tried to put out a rumour the maker of their GC2s is Trojan, but those in the know scoff at the thought.

Pretty sure it's Johnson Controls, not a great rep, certainly not on par with Deka.

Most of this info is easily found with a bit of Googling. Anything particularly important, I can give keyword strings if needed, just trying to help.

And sorry if I neglected to point out, those Duracell/Deka GC2s are also sold by BatteriesPlus, at around the same price point as Sam's.

Here's anotjer of the many similar independent reviews I googled.....

"Trojan batteries are premium quality batteries which always have an edge over their competitors. The T-105 6 volt golf cart batteries belongs to Trojan’s flagship line and are designed exceptionally to convene the hardest challenges a golf course could bring."

Yes I would put Trojans above the GCs East Penn makes for Duracell.

But their own branded are probably just as good, likely same price range.

Note you **really don't** want to pay shipping costs on lead, finding out what's available locally is better done sooner in your research, rather than later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom