What the heck happened to AquaMaps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alzero
Vessel Make
Hatteras 63' CPMY
So I had to download all new maps for AquaMaps because the ones I had were made obsolete. Now the program has become practically unusable: I touched the screen the wrong way and now it is in some kind of 3-D perspective mode that I cannot get out of! In addition the red line that indicates the projected course is now 15* to 20* to starboard of my actual course.

I am running on an iPad Pro with an external GPS via Bluetooth and Navionics on the same device works just as it always has: perfectly. Has anyone else has these issues after downloading the fancy new maps?

I just happened to download it for first time. It is a new version (20). As far as the 3D mode you need to touch screen with two fingers close together and drag down to get back to overhead view ( drag up to get back to 3D view). As far as maps go I just purchased them so I don’t know how they performed on previous versions.

I just happened to download it for first time. It is a new version (20). As far as the 3D mode you need to touch screen with two fingers close together and drag down to get back to overhead view ( drag up to get back to 3D view). As far as maps go I just purchased them so I don’t know how they performed on previous versions.

I tried your suggestion and it no workie. It’s stuck in 3-D mode and that’s that.

Forgot to add to reply, I did notice that when editing waypoints the edit would not move until I closed the app and restarted it. You might want to try that.

I got it to work by tapping and dragging with two fingers. Now I need to fix the inaccurate projected course. I have two iPads so I’ll see how it does on the other one tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Could the course be magnetic and the chart is geodetic north? But twenty degrees sounds like a lot of variation unless you are in the north of Alaska.

I too downloaded the new charts, but haven't found out how to get into the perspective mode you are in. Hopefully it stays that way.

One plus is that there is now a slider on the right side of the screen. Slide it up all of the way and you are in satellite mode, midway and in both and down in chart mode. I always have liked the satellite capability you get with the Garmin/Active Captain app and am glad this one now has it. You can sort of check depths in satellite mode when there are no chart depths shown.

David

Your best bet is to talk directly to the developers ... they are 'on scene' and respond quickly to issues on the ICW Cruising Guide by Bob423 FaceBook page if you use FB.

There are a couple of threads going right now concerning issues with the new version for iOS. (Android users are standing by for their upgrade).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ICWCruisingGuide/

They post a video about the new release. Move up or down two fingers for enable/disable the 3d mode.

I figured out the switching between modes and am in contact with AquaMaps regarding the projected course discrepancy. They were very fast to respond. Now I need to wait until after the holidays to see what happens when I get going again. I also deleted and reinstalled the app and updated the pad.

The strange thing is that the boat icon points one direction and the projected course comes off of it at an angle instead of along the centerline of the tiny boat. Usually the boat icon and the course line are aligned and the map rotates as the course changes (in heading up mode). Now the icon points at the actual course and the line is alway to the starboard.

I wanted to let everyone know that I was contacted via email a few minutes ago by AquaMaps and told that they have fixed the problem in version 20.3.0 which is e one I reinstalled last night.
Coincidentally I just spent over an hour on the phone with my Rx benefits provider regarding a medication for a debilitating disease with zero results. The contrast in customer service is striking! AquaMaps has earned my confidence and they have my wholehearted recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom