Weatherproof junction box?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I had to cut the flat phone cord and power cable to my Track-It TV unit the other day to send it in for repair. I can splice the power cable back together fine, but need ideas on splicing the phone cord back together. It's a six conductor office type plug. I can use a phone "butt connector" with male plugs crimped onto both ends of the phone cord, but am wondering how to make this splice weatherproof as it'll be outside. I don't think shrink tubing will work due to the large size of the connector and small size of the wire.
Ideas?

Find a local telephoneman and ask if he has a couple of Scotchloks he could donate. Use to use them all the time on telephone wire outside. They're jelly filled and water doesn't bother them.

I searched all over Grainger for what you're describing, but couldn't find them. I found well splice kits with shrink tubing and some other stuff, but not what you were talking about. Got a link by any chance?

I'll look , If I can dig one out I will send you a US Navy junction box , for the postage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom