waterway guide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodscrew

Vessel Name
Northern Star
Vessel Make
Bristol 42 1970
I have Navionics on an Ipad and have re-learned it since Garmin bought it. I am looking for some back up nav programs, (and alternative info sources), mainly Aquamaps and Waterway Guide . I can't figure out what part of the Waterway guide stuff will give me all the crowd sourced alerts, reviews, route planning, etc, and if that will be displayed on an electronic chart . I think it's the Waterway Guide Explorer but not sure. Any one familiar with it?

I use Aqua Map as my backup to a permanently mounted Garmin chart plotter. I am registered with Active Captain and its data is available on Aqua Map charts.

Waterway Guide is also supported but I haven't registered for it. I would note that the web version of Waterway Guide shows marina data, but little data on anchorages, unlike Active Captain's database.

David

Go to the Waterway Guide website to see what they have for crowd sourced info. It’s about half of the alerts, and you can link to the reviews (if they’re any).

I have access to this on Aqua Map which has access to both Waterways Guide stuff and Active Captain info. There is a free version that works fine for comparison purposes. I’m using Aqua Map Master that has the USACOE survey data on it. Will also integrate with AIS.

I find the Navigation Alerts on Waterways Guide to be a little more useful than Active Captain

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom