Vesper AIS - Navionics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

w8n4sun

Vessel Name
Mabuhay
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan
Has anyone been able to transmit Vesper AIS targets onto Navionics? I've searched and doesn't look like it but am hoping someone here more technically savvy has been able to make it work? Thanks

Navionics what? The web app? the iphone app? Navionics charts running on an MFD?

Certainly it works running Navionics charts on a Raymarine MFD, does not work on the version of iOS Navionics app I have as that app does not support AIS targets or NMEA input.

It works with our 2008 RayMarine G series MFD's running 2019 Navionics Platinum Plus maps. Just need to have the newest RayMarine firmware.

Sorry about that, I'm running Navionics on my iPad pro.

I also have Vesper WatchMate running on the iPad, it would be nice to be able to overlay AIS targets from Vesper to the Navionics app while underway.

We run SeaIQ on an IPad Air and use the Vesper wireless for gps and AIS to Ipad. I see that Digital Yacht has a program to overlay an AIS signal from their AIS to Navionics. it is a free download. I wonder if it would work with Navionics?
Have you asked Vesper if they have a workaround?

As far as I know, Navionics on an IPad will not show AIS signals. You will need to switch to a different navigation app if you want that (until Navionics decides to change their app). INavx will work (so I am told but haven't used it myself).
I display my AIS targets (from my Vesper) on my laptop running Coastal Explorer.

I have the same thing. Nope! Vesper is a surprisingly small company. They have a Facebook page for the device even if I remember right and have historically welcomed community questions and may well give feedback as to whether this or another solution will ever be out there. I use their iPad app, but it really would be nice to get a map too.

I have vesper AIS 8000 and it is linked via WiFi to Aqua Map Master on my I Pad Air. Works great.

Nice. Is there a fee for the app and charts on Aqua Map?

You can get a free version that allows one map section to be downloaded at a time, and a version that has unlimited map downloading for your region.

I did that for a while and moved up to Master for 10 bucks a year. It has all the NOAA maps updated quarterly and also has all the USACOE depth survey data superimposed on the screen - as well as the wifi connection to the vesper unit.

Check out the Panbo review at https://www.panbo.com/aqua-map-mast...rument-data-usace-surveys-and-route-explorer/

It comes with a GPS antenna, so I hooked up my old radio to the AIS unit, so my radio DCS was functional, using the MNEA0183 connection.

Lots of skinny water between my summer and winter spots, this USACOE survey function has been really helpful

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom