Unintended VHF radio humor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
United States Coast Guard! United States Coast Guard!
Vessel calling the United States Coast Guard, this is the United States Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville Florida, what is the name of your vessel and the nature of your distress?
We are taking on water and unable to start our engine!
Vessel calling the United States Coast Guard, what is the name of your vessel and your location?
We are about out of sight of land off the Jacksonville inlet!
Vessel calling the United States Coast Guard, what is the name and description of your vessel?
We are a twenty foot runabout and we are taking on water!
Vessel in distress, what is the name of your vessel and how many persons are aboard?
Wait a minute, I have to talk to the other owners,
We just decided to name the boat "Holiday Farmer" but we haven't put the name on yet.

The pilot of a light aircraft is disabled by sudden illness. The attractive blond passenger with no flying knowledge,despite her panic,manages to contact traffic control at a nearby airport and has the good fortune to speak with a highly experienced officer with considerable light aircraft flying experience,he assures her he has successfully talked down several people in her situation to a safe landing and she is in good hands. "What is your position and height?" he asks. She responds "I`m in the front right seat,I`m 5ft 10inches tall". "Mmm" responds the officer,"I think we might tackle this another way,can you repeat after me, Our Father,which art in Heaven...."
BruceK

Back
Top Bottom