Understanding my Battery Monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless i misunderstood you Al, I went into this is in some detail in an earlier post or two on this thread. #29, in particular.

Al

My Magnum BMKs provide all the information I need, but not necessarily all some may want. I'm with FF, in and out measurement combined with volts is a pretty good indicator.

If one wants to balance battery capacity and draw down rates wants and needs, a trip to a Tesla dealer will show you what can be done, but at a price. A simpler and perfectly workable display comes with the Prius. Simpler yet is the Ford Fusion's. The auto circuitry is interesting to study, especially when giving precise instructions to the IC engine start and shut down modules.

Good subject, it will be interesting to see how many dollars you are willing to spend to achieve your goals. I stopped at around $800.

linkpro-battery-monitor.jpg

Here are some entry options from my LinkPro Owners Manual. On this model, it appears the Peukert's Exponent and Self-discharge Rate are not internally computed, but need to be manually computed and entered. TBH, I have no idea how to compute either, so I have accepted the default entries.

F5.4 Peukert's exponent. The Peukert’s exponent represents the effect of
reducing battery capacity at higher discharge rates. When the Peukert
value of your battery is unknown, it is recommended to keep this value at
1.25. A value of 1.00 disables the Peukert compensation.
Default: 1.25 Range: 1.00 – 1.50 Step size: 0.01

F5.5 Self-discharge rate. This is the rate at which the battery loses capacity by
itself, even when it is not used. The unit of this value is percent capacity
per month at the Nominal temperature (F5.2). The setting “OFF” disables
self-discharge compensation.
Default: 3.0%/month Range: OFF / 0.1 –
25.0%/month
Step size: 0.1%/month

Back
Top Bottom