Troubleshooting a battery charger issue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Rocks

Vessel Name
On The Rocks
Vessel Make
Gulf Star MKII
I have a battery charger that takes in 12 volts and puts out 24 volts to charge the batteries for my bow thruster which is 24 volt. The charger has been working fine for years. I was re-routing some of the wiring in the engine room and disconnected the charger so I could connect it to the main DC panel switch which is a shorter run from where it was connected. When I hooked the charger back up it won't turn on. None of the led lights are lit up.

The charger has no on/off switch, I think it automatically senses when the 12 volt house bank is fully charged and then opens up to charge the 24 volt thruster bank.

I checked to make sure it is getting power with a volt meter. I checked the fuse. Everything looks fine.

The charger is a labeled as "Marinno Marine Innovations" but I think it might be a Dometic model that has been re-branded by the thruster company. I can't find any troubleshooting information on the internet so I thought I'd turn to TF and see if anyone has had a problem like this.

Greetings,
Mr. OTR. Did you try giving it a good smack?

dat-ass.gif

Of course. That's always step 1. Followedby rebooting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom