Trojan t105 vs t105 Plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shufti

Vessel Name
Wine Down
Vessel Make
Riviera 35' FB
Hi all,

For the life of me I cannot find any difference between Trojan t105 and t105 Plus. It's late and Im tired so maybe that's clouding my brain somewhat, so I do apologise if I'm missing something completely obvious.

Thanks in advance.

The difference is the fill cap design. External dimensions are the same. An email to Trojan may garner other differences they allude to such as plate spacing and internal plate separation improvements. Great batteries and my first set lasted 8 years. I decided to chuck just because even though they were still performing.

Thanks sunchaser. Seems they are both selling at same price here, and all the specs
[listed on the website I'm looking at] are identical.

So you are using the t105 plus model?

So you are using the t105 plus model?

In 2011 when I purchased my 105s I don't believe the Plus was available. Seems worth looking at, with the golf cart guys leading the charge.

Trojan t105 Plus has:
1) Flip top vent cap
2) Water level indicator inside each cell
3) Embedded terminal posts

I think the big difference is the Plus has the single point watering system vs the regular 105's which has the Hydrolink watering system if you want to use it. The regular 105's also has the EUT terminal option which the Plus doesn't.

If you go with Trojans though and want bolt on terminals, I would suggest you go with the EHPT (embedded high profile terminial) post. The difference is the ability to stack more than 2-4/0 or 2/0 battery cables per post. With the standard post, the ELPT (embedded low profile terminal) you are limited to ~2. If you look at the lower right terminal, I have 1-4/0 and 2-2/0 lugs on the post. I would like to have a little more post height.

Shop around for prices. This spring we replaced ten (we had the cores) for less than $100/each at a golf cart store.

Edit: When we picked up our batteries, the seller went out of his way to stress that we use the correct torque for the nuts on the posts. He showed us 2 new batteries where a buyer (s) got a little carried away over tightening the nuts. Trojan lists the torque value at 95-105 in-lb for the ELPT or EHPT posts.

Attachments

• Battery Cables 002a.jpg
    Battery Cables 002a.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
As a partner in a small golf course I am a big fan of 6v golf cart batteries. Trojan t105’s are great batteries; I have 4 Trojan 105’s for house batteries and 8 NAPA’s 6v for inverter batteries. At the golf course we use whichever 6v we can get the best deal on. We try to always use the same brand and or rating together in a cart. We put an in service date on our batteries to help with replacement and evaluation of the different brands. If a cart has a battery go out at ½ the life we will replace it with another take off battery from the rack with as close to the same use as the one we are replacing or will sometimes replace battery with similar use and age, it just seems the new battery after charging will equalize with the older batteries. all in a cart with new, then put the still good used take out batteries in the rack to use on other carts. If we put a new battery in a cart with old batteries we don’t see much improvement over using a used take off

Thanks very much everyone. All things considered I'll go the 'plus' model with EHPTs.

Cheers!

Thanks for this thread. I am going to go with 4 of the T105's with EHPT's for a house bank. Any reason not to? For a start batt. I am either going to use one 4d I think.

Larry et al.: Trojan do now make a water fill system for the 105-S batteries....just a variation of Hydrolink.

Love my Trojans!

Rock solid!

T305H-AC

Attachments

• New Batts - 1KAh.JPG
    New Batts - 1KAh.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 539
Love mine too.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 226
I see some great battery shots , but no nothing to hold them DOWN?

Same, where are the hold-downs?

Someone wanting to do the BEST they can for the batt system should go to a large electrical supply house and purchase copper washers and bolts and nuts.

These are common in high voltage setups and will carry current far better than the most common SS nuts and washers usually used.

Beass or Bronze is NOT all copper.

Google,, AMPACITY.

What about the battery cable end terminations.... Are they generally all copper. BTW. How does all copper nuts increase conductivity insofar as the nuts are not in the path to the cable. Non conducting material should perhaps be better thereby enhancing the path of least resistance down the cable, the direction we want the juice to flow anyway. I am not arguing...I just do not understand.

Same, where are the hold-downs?

My boxes are lag bolted down (4 bolts per box) and through the platform upon which they sit into solid material. They then have covers (not shown in pic) that fit over them and the covers are hand screwed down onto the boxes.

Lag bolts, cover, SS latches.

Attachments

• Katie on the Ratchet.jpg
    Katie on the Ratchet.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Batt Box Cover.JPG
    Batt Box Cover.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 157

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom