Old 11-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
Standard Horizon AIS screen shots

I've had this on the boat for a couple of months but didn't have any info on the plotter screen, the GX2150 screen was showing everything that it should. I thought this was normal & a week ago I found out that the CP300i should also show the position of boats that transmit a AIS signal. Today I decided to troubleshoot the problem, pretty simple fix the units weren't talking in the correct baud rate for the CP300i to receive information. If you click on the icon on the screen the information shows up for a few seconds, here's some pics with each unit working as it should.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-981887560.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24262

Name:	image-2496551902.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	24263

Name:	image-4204508309.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24264
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #2

City: Seabrook, Texas
Vessel Name: Friendship
Vessel Model: Albin 43 Sundeck
So , are you overall happy with the info you're getting on the chartplotter? I installed a Gx2150 a couple of months ago, and am happy with it, but my 12 year old Furuno plotter is too old to receive the AIS info.
Brent Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hodges View Post
So , are you overall happy with the info you're getting on the chartplotter? I installed a Gx2150 a couple of months ago, and am happy with it, but my 12 year old Furuno plotter is too old to receive the AIS info.
I was happy with mine also before I went into the set-up & got the information on the plotter. I'am much happier now because it is much easier to read on the plotter screen, I like it so much I'am going to wire in the CP1000 at the lower helm so I don't have to use the Ram mic for the AIS information.