Standard Horizon AIS screen shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
I've had this on the boat for a couple of months but didn't have any info on the plotter screen, the GX2150 screen was showing everything that it should. I thought this was normal & a week ago I found out that the CP300i should also show the position of boats that transmit a AIS signal. Today I decided to troubleshoot the problem, pretty simple fix the units weren't talking in the correct baud rate for the CP300i to receive information. If you click on the icon on the screen the information shows up for a few seconds, here's some pics with each unit working as it should.

image-981887560.jpg

image-2496551902.jpg

image-4204508309.jpg

So , are you overall happy with the info you're getting on the chartplotter? I installed a Gx2150 a couple of months ago, and am happy with it, but my 12 year old Furuno plotter is too old to receive the AIS info.

So , are you overall happy with the info you're getting on the chartplotter? I installed a Gx2150 a couple of months ago, and am happy with it, but my 12 year old Furuno plotter is too old to receive the AIS info.
I was happy with mine also before I went into the set-up & got the information on the plotter. I'am much happier now because it is much easier to read on the plotter screen, I like it so much I'am going to wire in the CP1000 at the lower helm so I don't have to use the Ram mic for the AIS information.

Back
Top Bottom