Spreader Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought Kevin's and they are super bright. Check them out too. I placed four on my mast and could have easily used two. Can you say stadium lighting? This is only two lights.

Attachments

• spreaderlitup.jpg
    spreaderlitup.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 107
I bought Kevin's and they are super bright. Check them out too. I placed four on my mast and could have easily used two. Can you say stadium lighting? This is only two lights.
We have Kevin's on our camano, but the ones on the Nordy are 110VAC. Plus the AFT deck is pretty big. Also I would like them to shine all the way to the dock like the ones now do but they use to much power.

Okay, got it. When I clicked on the link I saw the different voltages but my mind went automatically to DC 12V.

Fisheries is a great place to buy boating gear. Good Luck

Okay, got it. When I clicked on the link I saw the different voltages but my mind went automatically to DC 12V. Fisheries is a great place to buy boating gear. Good Luck
Thanks . :)

I guess it all depends on what you you want your spreader lights to do.

Personally, I dislike bright white lights on a boat, with the exception of a spot light.We use our flybridge a lot at night. For me I like a warm light that puts out enough light to see what we are eating and where I put the wine bottle. We have two old fashioned spreader lights, about 150 watts each.

Quite often after dinner, if the moon is up, we turn off the lights and chill. As most of our cruising is in national parks, hence no houses etc, it can be quite magical-until someone knocks the wine over, because we can't see what we are doing! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom