Spot Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As it happens, I have a brand new Vetus Z7012 12V 7" 100W manual spotlight that I never installed. SRP is over $500, discount stores sell for about $350 but I would take $250 plus S&H for it.

044.jpg

I got one of these for Christmas. For a hand-held, it's a beast. Amazing power, very concentrated beam with little scatter, long battery life and uses conventional batteries. With the budget you mentioned, you could buy two of them.

img_302895_0_de4b3b6abd816b3212246e4aa87330bd.jpg

Marinebeam Ultra Long Range CREE RLT Illuminator

Tony: Per your signature, do you only cruise on one Christian holy day? :D

"Cruising the Easter U.S. Inland Waterways"

Sorry, NE cabin fever is setting in.

As it happens, I have a brand new Vetus Z7012 12V 7" 100W manual spotlight that I never installed. SRP is over $500, discount stores sell for about $350 but I would take $250 plus S&H for it.

044.jpg

That's a great deal, but could be tough to fit on a boat with a flybridge.

A bow mount with a wireless remote would be a great addition to any boat without a spot.

I use a hand held rechargeable spot that has lots of candle power they sell them at most marine stores. No metal outside to corrode and easy to direct the angle of beam.

Both have strong and weak points....if I ran a lot at night like I do when assistance towing...both a fixed and handheld would be aboard.

If I had any sense I'd tell you to buy something I sell, but I've got to tell you my favorite spotlight right now is a Ryobi I bought at home depot. It's part of their 18 volt battery tool line. For 250 bucks you can buy the spotlight, several batteries and a couple of useful tools.

Tony I would want a spotlight that's as far away from the fly bridge/pilothouse as possible because they are bug magnets. Light it up at night and the bugs ride the beam to it's source. Out on the end of the bow pulpit and wireless would be my choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom