SOC meter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Found this on a RV camper site and IF it works , the price is right!

Larger Amp models are available for a few bucks more.

AiLi

DC Programmable Meter Controller 0-200V 0-500A Volt Amp Power Ah Auto Shut Down

3.5 out of 5 stars 5 customer reviews

Price: $36.50 & FREE Shipping.Details

Get $50 off instantly: Pay $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card.

| Try Fast, Free Shipping

Size: 0-200V,0-500A

<li id="size_name_0" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-50A" data-defaultasin="B01NCKPE97" data-dp-url="/dp/B01NCKPE97/ref=twister_B07CYQKCW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_1" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-100A" data-defaultasin="B01826VXCM" data-dp-url="" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_1" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-100A" data-defaultasin="B01826VXCM" data-dp-url="" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_2" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-200A" data-defaultasin="B01NAIPDMK" data-dp-url="/dp/B01NAIPDMK/ref=twister_B07CYQKCW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_2" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-200A" data-defaultasin="B01NAIPDMK" data-dp-url="/dp/B01NAIPDMK/ref=twister_B07CYQKCW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_3" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-300A" data-defaultasin="B01N6GCM5C" data-dp-url="/dp/B01N6GCM5C/ref=twister_B07CYQKCW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_3" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-300A" data-defaultasin="B01N6GCM5C" data-dp-url="/dp/B01N6GCM5C/ref=twister_B07CYQKCW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1" class="swatchAvailable">

<li id="size_name_4" title="Click to select 0-200V,0-500A" data-defaultasin="B01N2TFYJI" data-dp-url="/dp/B01N2TFYJI/ref=twister_B07CYQKCW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1" class="swatchSelect">

• it continuously monitors voltage, discharge current, number of power, consumed amp hours.
  • Alarm, buzzer and relay control, Optimized for 5V up to 200V battery systems
  • Displays voltage, current, consumed amphours, Power
  • Adopting modular design, collocate indicator lights on the panel for various working status
  • Shunt selection capability, enables flexible system
See more product details

New (1) from $36.50 & FREE shipping. Details

Report incorrect product information.

Looks like the same capabilities as the Link 20, except for dual bank monitoring.

At the price no boat need suffer short battery life due to undercharged or over drawn batts again.

The only extra expense would be a better grade of tinned wires to go from the shunt to the gauge.

Im a bit confused about SOC . Since i have an inverter/charger that shows me the state of the bank, isnt that the same thing? Fyi, using xantrex 3000 with the remote display/ controler.

It certainly looks like a very reasonable deal but one of the complaints in the reviews state that with the 500A shunt ,the readings aren't as precise...only in 10A increments. By that logic, even a minimal 200A shunt would only read in approximately 5A increments. I would like see the load readings at least an amp at a time for it to be a really useful tool.
Still, it looks like a good find & better than no battery monitor at all.
***Edit*** after re-reading, the reviewer said that it only started displaying the amps consumed above 10A with a 500A shunt. I would have to wonder if it still keeps a total of the consumed amps if the rate is under 10A or if the calculations also cease at a lower rate of consumption.

Last edited:
Im a bit confused about SOC . Since i have an inverter/charger that shows me the state of the bank, isnt that the same thing? Fyi, using xantrex 3000 with the remote display/ controler.

A typical charger only shows charge current into the battery and the charge voltage which doesn't really tell you the state of charge except in a rough way "about" what stage of charge the battery is at.

A true SOC meter watches and counts amp hours (AH) into and out of the battery so you know exactly how much power is in there at any given moment. They typically also have other information available like a display of current flow, time left at current usage, second and third batteries voltage monitoring, etc.

I just installed this one and am very pleased with it.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/1830/M2_DC_SoC_Monitor

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom