SOC gauge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earl34Mainship

Vessel Name
Gone Coastal
Vessel Make
2005 34' Mainship Trawler
I'm considering installing a SOC (status/state of charge) gauge. My boat has volt and amp meters, but I'd like something that gives me a little more battery charge information. Anyone bought/installed a gauge they like or don't like? If so, where did you get the gauge and what was the cost?

Thanks,

Xantrex makes the link series. I've had them on several boats and the work great.

www.xantrex.com

I just bought a victron 600 series battery monitor. It monitors power use on one bank and voltage only on a 2nd bank. I currently have a digital voltmeter that monitors all three banks.
My plan is to connect the battery monitor to my house bank and leave the digital voltmeter to monitor the other two banks. The hook up of the battery monitor looks easy but the calibration looks to be a little more difficult.

The hook up of the battery monitor looks easy but the calibration looks to be a little more difficult.

Most SOC units will simply observe the bank thru a few charge /discharge cycles and your set to go.

I spoke with a tech about the XANTREX - the tech in British Columbia. He said their monitors didn't have an audible alarm integral to the monitor, but one from an electronics store could be added. The VICTRON 600 does come with audible alarm.. Victron BMV 600 Battery Monitor that's a plus for me... calibrating may be required for any monitor...

The hook up of the battery monitor looks easy but the calibration looks to be a little more difficult.

The instructions always make it look more complicated than it really is once you start to do it. If you can fly a friggin' airplane with an FMS, you can program the SOC. It's a relative no-brainer. :facepalm::D:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom