Simrad CX44

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmnj

Need help either buying a used Simrad CX44 or getting the one I have fixed. I brought it to Commercial Marine Electronics and they said they can't get the part for it. Apparently it is the mother board, so I called Simrad and they told me they don't fix or have parts for those units and it is useless. They wanted to sell me a new unit that would not work with the other Simrad electronics(radar, sounder etc). So I'm either going to have to purchase a whole new system or find a used Simrad CX44. Thanks for any help you can privide.

Hi,
I was reading your CX44 problem. What is defect on the CX44?
I have repaired a lot of these units when I worked for the company.
Most of them are still repairable.So also these mainboards can be repaired on component level. The CA44 is an older generation and slower than the CX44.

Kind regards,
Cor

I'm a new member, but saw your post about having worked on a lot CX44 systems. My main unit is showing what look like air bubbles in the upper left hand corner (bottom of image, since image is sideways). It looks as though something is becoming de-laminated and allowing air to get in. Have you ever seen this? Was there a fix? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 260
Yes, I have seen more of these units with this problem. It is the bonding material which glues the tft screen to the front glass. It can not be solved.
It leaks a bit out of the screen ,thats why you see some bubbles.
But it does not harm the unit.
Good luck

Replacement Screen for Simrad CX44

Hi Cor,
Thanks for the info! Although the bubbles in my screen may not interfere with performance, I am thinking of purchasing a replacement screen on eBay for $180. The seller advertises it as "new" and tells me that it is easy for a non-professional to install. Since you've had a lot of experience working on these units, is this a wise way to go? Seeing as replacing the entire system would cost me $10K, I'm thinking it a good back-up plan. Your thoughts...
Bill

I see this is an old post however I have a Simrad CX44 for sale, our yacht was dismasted and we lost our radar and GPS aerials. As with your experience any new equipment would not interface with the CX44, Simrad's very simple solution was buy a new system! We did, a ray marine one! We now have the components of the CX44 for sale.

Yes. Pretty nice of Simrad to leave us all in the lurch. I have found monitor replacements, so have no need anymore. Good luck!

Cx 44 simrad

I see this is an old post however I have a Simrad CX44 for sale, our yacht was dismasted and we lost our radar and GPS aerials. As with your experience any new equipment would not interface with the CX44, Simrad's very simple solution was buy a new system! We did, a ray marine one! We now have the components of the CX44 for sale.

Hi,
I could use the cx 44 that you have, I have a boat with simrad radar on it and no display, I was going to take the radar off as I probably will not need the radar , but if I could get a cx 44 I would try to get it up and running, do you still have it and if you do, how much do you want for it ? Regards, Paul

simrad cx44 chartplotter

Dear all,

My (Simrad CX44) Chartplotter screen went black.
I assume that the LCD screen has gone.
Would anyone of you have or know someone who has a working used / surplus chartplotter for sale or would anyone know someone in Holland or Belgium who can repair my CX44 chartplotter?
Thanks,
Dirk

Dear all,

My (Simrad CX44) Chartplotter screen went black.
I assume that the LCD screen has gone.
Would anyone of you have or know someone who has a working used / surplus chartplotter for sale or would anyone know someone in Holland or Belgium who can repair my CX44 chartplotter?
Thanks,
Dirk

Try holding down on the PWR and CLR buttons at the same time while turning the breaker on. I've coaxed some life out of mine by doing the hard reset each time.

These units are essentially unrepairable because Simrad tossed all the replacement parts.

I have a dual station CX44 and RB715. In great working condition with charts chips. Considering selling. What would value be?

A friend provided to me, just not sure I want to use or install a later model.

PM if interested, just joined T.F.

Sold

Sorry I have not updated the original post, but too much time expired so I sold the MFDs on eBay. The scanner dome is still available.

Thank you.

Need help either buying a used Simrad CX44 or getting the one I have fixed. I brought it to Commercial Marine Electronics and they said they can't get the part for it. Apparently it is the mother board, so I called Simrad and they told me they don't fix or have parts for those units and it is useless. They wanted to sell me a new unit that would not work with the other Simrad electronics(radar, sounder etc). So I'm either going to have to purchase a whole new system or find a used Simrad CX44. Thanks for any help you can privide.

Hello
If you want to sell the display simrad cx44 i will give you a good offer
Thank you

Hi,
I was reading your CX44 problem. What is defect on the CX44?
I have repaired a lot of these units when I worked for the company.
Most of them are still repairable.So also these mainboards can be repaired on component level. The CA44 is an older generation and slower than the CX44.

Kind regards,
Cor
Hi
Do you have any old simrad 44 for sell? Whether in good condition or not working

I'm a new member, but saw your post about having worked on a lot CX44 systems. My main unit is showing what look like air bubbles in the upper left hand corner (bottom of image, since image is sideways). It looks as though something is becoming de-laminated and allowing air to get in. Have you ever seen this? Was there a fix? Thanks!

Hi
Do you still have the old simrad 44 ? Im looking to buy one

Simrad cx44

Do you still have the old simrad cx44?
Im looking to buy one

I used to be a big fan of Simrad but after reading these posts, not so much anymore! I realize that they are relative to old units but they've created a stigma that I can't mentally erase.:ermm::angel::nonono:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom