Shallow / Slim Speakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HenryD

Vessel Name
Seven Tenths (sold)
Vessel Make
Mirage / Great Harbour 47
I am looking to install a Fusion IP-700 stereo and am trying to find a pair of shallow / slim speakers for the cockpit ceiling. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am thinking I need speaker that is less than 2" deep and can handle 100 watts. :blush:

Cheers

Hopefully someone will chime in soon with a slim speaker. If you don't mind them standing a bit proud, most manufacturers sell extension rings to allow their speakers to be mounted in shallower walls.

A compromise the industry seems to have embraced, largely for acoustic reasons I'm sure.

If you don't mind them standing a bit proud, most manufacturers sell extension rings to allow their speakers to be mounted in shallower walls.
I bought mine at West Marine. (good selection) I didn't have a problem in the salon but the cockpit was a diferent matter. The depth of the hole was only 1 inch and I had to make a pair of "stand offs" for the speakers to nest in.

Attachments

• IMG_4607.jpg
    IMG_4607.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Speaker Standoffs.jpg
    Speaker Standoffs.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Cockpit Speaker Holes.jpg
    Cockpit Speaker Holes.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4617.jpg
    IMG_4617.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 81
Do a google search for "slim marine speakers", lots of hits for 1" deep speakers.

I would do what Seahorse did....except I would get JL Audio...best speaker out there. If you like music. If you just want some melodic background noise, then get whatever.

I like the Fusion slim speakers and will look at the JL. I am not sure how to make the standoffs that are true to size and a nice finish.

I bought a pair of PolyPlaner MA905's which are 5" and need only 1" deep.

Back
Top Bottom