Seek Thermal - $200 alternative to FLIR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many android phones like Motorola droids have hdmi outputs so you could put the phone IR image on a monitor or TV. I have 2 old ones I use as navigation backups with Navionics app. This would be a cool add on. You can bet phone integration is not too far away. I place my bet on a Samsung droid "phablet".

If it's an IR camera it wouldn't matter if it was day or night because it's not imaging visible light. It's imaging heat differences.

Yes true, but ask any FLIR equipped police helicopter pilot and they will tell you that due to the cooler night air and less reflected heat from the sun they work much better at night.

As you said it's imaging the DIFFERENCES in heat.

No iPhone camera yet, but I just noticed a charge on my credit card from Seek Thermal on 11/15. They said they'd charge it when it shipped...<fingers crossed>

Has anyone asked if it will work with a ipad?

I got this email over the Thanksgiving Holiday:

Hello KEITH,

Thank you for being one of the first to order a Seek Thermal camera for your iPhone. As you may know, we still cannot ship cameras to our Apple customers. We sincerely apologize for this and are diligently working on obtaining the proper certification so we can provide cameras to you.

We are confident that we will be receiving approval soon, but in the meantime we will cancel your order and any credit card authorizations or charges. We will notify you once we are ready to begin shipping and offer you priority fulfillment, a 10% discount on your new order, as well as free shipping.

Again, thank you for your support. You will hear from us soon.

- Seek Thermal Team

I got this email over the Thanksgiving Holiday:

We sincerely apologize for this and are diligently working on obtaining the proper certification so we can provide cameras to you.

- Seek Thermal Team

Assume the certification is to come from Apple and the App Store. Correct?

Any new developments?

FWIW I got mine for iPhone, they gave me a 10% discount for the delay, and it works just fine.

And I saw a display of them at Home Depot - for $249!

Thanks, refugio.

Here's a pic of the radiant floor heat in our master bath:
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1426803427.720068.jpg

Here's one of a shore power cord:
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1426803525.382372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom