Reprogram Garmin 600 AIS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sum escape

Vessel Name
Sapphire
Vessel Make
Tiara 53 Fly
Need to reprogram AIS for our new boat name, MMSI, etc. on our new to us boat. Manual says must send back to manufacturer once these items are originally programmed which would require opening dash and pulling out unit. While this can be done, does anyone know of a "hard reset" or other procedure which would allow a user to reprogram without sending to manufacturer? PO did leave manual, installation CD, etc on board. Thanks

Nope have to send it back.

Mine came with the software to configure it (along with a USB cable) and I set it up myself. I assume I could go back and make changes, but haven't tried. Perhaps The Garmin support folks can provide you with the software.

Any distributor should have the software to do the change. I had to provide all the paperwork again but they reprogramed it no charge.

From Garmin customer support....
Thank you for contacting Garmin International.
To get the current MMSI taken out of that AIS, you would need to return the AIS to Garmin. You would need to call and set up an RMA for a return to Garmin. It is $50 to do this.

So, if I am not lucky enough to find a distributor who can do it, we get to dig it out of the dash and send it in as suspected....

Our Sitex came with a disc and USB port. Not sure what I can change on it though.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom