Old 06-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
Guru

City: Signal Mtn., TN
Vessel Name: Stella Maris
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Replacing a Danfoss Control Module

OK, this is a long shot and Iíll probably need to call the manufacturer Monday. Iím trying to replace a faulty Danfoss 101N0510 control module on a Dometic/Waeco CR-1110 refrig/freezer. I canít for the life of me figure out how to remove the old module. It appears there is a plastic tab locking it in place (second photo), but no amount of pushing or prying will move it. Anyone made this replacement before?

(Iíve Googled and YouTubed but found nothing on this specific configuration in which the controller is not connected directly to the compressor.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2F7D8ADE-239A-4F20-810F-E762E2FE96BB.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	90055   Click image for larger version

Name:	6BA40474-D575-4889-942E-9C076356D094.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	90056  

angus99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus99 View Post
OK, this is a long shot and Iíll probably need to call the manufacturer Monday.
Thought so . . .

Old 06-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #3

City: Wilton, CT
This may not be much help.... I just had to replace my control module and thermostat on my Nova Kool refrigerator. I received excellent phone technical support to trouble shoot the problems... If you haven't already, be sure to test the power supply (mine is 12v DC /110v AC), compressor and thermostat first before replacing the control module.

Good luck
rawlitwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlitwn View Post
This may not be much help.... I just had to replace my control module and thermostat on my Nova Kool refrigerator. I received excellent phone technical support to trouble shoot the problems... If you haven't already, be sure to test the power supply (mine is 12v DC /110v AC), compressor and thermostat first before replacing the control module.

Good luck
Thanks a lot for the ideas.

I talked to Dometic about this earlier and they said the error code was indicative of either a bad fan or control unit (which I thought was the same thing as the power supply). The fan proved to be fine so I ordered a new unit similar to the one pictured. Iíll call them again tomorrow.it looks like thereís a plastic tab or plug in the cavity where a mounting screw should be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7E9E0160-3D99-4CD4-BD65-DB7262F5DB95.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	90097  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #5

City: Matagorda Bay
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: 2005 Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus99 View Post
Thanks a lot for the ideas.

I talked to Dometic about this earlier and they said the error code was indicative of either a bad fan or control unit (which I thought was the same thing as the power supply). The fan proved to be fine so I ordered a new unit similar to the one pictured. Iíll call them again tomorrow.it looks like thereís a plastic tab or plug in the cavity where a mounting screw should be.
Angus99. Sorry can't help with your specific configuration...I've replaced two failed Danfoss modules on a 1.5yo Vitrifrigo frig aboard Salty, but they mounted directly to the compressor with tabs and a screw. What I can advise is to verify with Danfoss that you are buying the latest revision module if you buy off the internet. They are at least on Rev.2 on my module, which I was assured that they have fixed the common failure problem. Fingers crossed, the latest module has lasted several months longer than the first two.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysailor View Post
Angus99. Sorry can't help with your specific configuration...I've replaced two failed Danfoss modules on a 1.5yo Vitrifrigo frig aboard Salty, but they mounted directly to the compressor with tabs and a screw. What I can advise is to verify with Danfoss that you are buying the latest revision module if you buy off the internet. They are at least on Rev.2 on my module, which I was assured that they have fixed the common failure problem. Fingers crossed, the latest module has lasted several months longer than the first two.
Thanks Luke. Wish I could find a direct drop-in replacement for these units with all their glitchy electronics. Iíd ditch the DC function entirely and run them off the inverter.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #7

City: Matagorda Bay
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: 2005 Defever 44
Same here Ian........seems I'm an analog man in a digital world! 🤣 Wait...isn't that a song?🤣
Old 06-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #8
Guru

I talked to a helpful Dometic tech and he explained where to apply pressure, how to twist, push and make burnt offerings to get this weirdly designed thing to let go. New module is in and the beer is cold! Thanks again, all, for the ideas.