Old 10-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #1

City: Port Charlotte
Vessel Name: Nautical Wheeler
Vessel Model: MS 34 Mark III
Repair on Navico Powerpilot 8000 info

Just thought I would share some information on my auto pilot that just saved me from buying a new system! The problem that I had first was that the entire systems electrical went out. I looked for easy fixes and eventually found that the main fuse for the entire unit is located inside the pump. You have to take off the cover and turn over the electrical board and the fuse is inside. The second problem I had was that my controlling unit went dead. Then, the second one a few months later, also died. I searched and found that used ones can be had for $300 and up. After opening the control unit up, I found that the components inside are all generic and very easy to re-solder. I did that on bothÖ And now the entire system is back up and working! It's still old, and will probably die again, But at least this time the fix cost me a grand total of $10.

Nwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

City: port charlotte
Vessel Name: ocean paradise
Vessel Model: mainship 1 210cummins
Good deal

bluemainship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
Nice work!
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #4
Guru

City: Narragansett Bay
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwheeler View Post
Just thought I would share some information on my auto pilot that just saved me from buying a new system! The problem that I had first was that the entire systems electrical went out. I looked for easy fixes and eventually found that the main fuse for the entire unit is located inside the pump. You have to take off the cover and turn over the electrical board and the fuse is inside. The second problem I had was that my controlling unit went dead. Then, the second one a few months later, also died. I searched and found that used ones can be had for $300 and up. After opening the control unit up, I found that the components inside are all generic and very easy to re-solder. I did that on bothÖ And now the entire system is back up and working! It's still old, and will probably die again, But at least this time the fix cost me a grand total of $10.
Donít ya love it when fix something on your own
Cigatoo is offline   Reply With Quote