Raymarine ST70 gets no power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
Last Sunday my ST70 autopilot was dead when I fired up my instruments for the trip home. Nothing else is affected.

I haven't yet dug behind the console where all the wiring is other than to look at the back of the electrical panels.

My understanding is that the RM Seatalk cables provide power to the instruments connected to the backbone. If all my other RM instruments are getting power, does this point to a problem with the Seatalk connection at the ST70 head or if it is connected directly to the Seatalk hub to its connection there?

It seems to me that either the seatalk cable or the connection at the st70 have to be the problem.

Any other ideas before I tackle this this weekend?

I have a Raymarine AP and two ST70 displays. Power to the ST70 is separate from power to the AP. The ST70 gets power through the Seatalk cable. Mine is connected to the NMEA2000 bus.

Do you have other devices that are powered by NMEA2000? If so, do those devices work?

I have a Raymarine AP and two ST70 displays. Power to the ST70 is separate from power to the AP. The ST70 gets power through the Seatalk cable. Mine is connected to the NMEA2000 bus.

Do you have other devices that are powered by NMEA2000? If so, do those devices work?

Thanks Rusty. Yes, all my other Raymarine Seatalk instruments are getting power and there didn't seem to even be a backlight glow on the ST70 display (but it was in bright sun and I was driving so I can't be sure until I go out to the boat this weekend and check).

What is odd is that I didn't do anything that would cause the cable to be bumped and during the prior days trip the display didn't falter at all during in the rough water.

Back
Top Bottom