Raymarine S100 wireless remote...>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heron

Guru
Vessel Name
Heron (2)
Vessel Make
'88 Cape Dory 28 Flybridge #115
autopilot control for an ST6002...
Mine crapped out this week. New batteries in the wireless handheld failed to have it fire up. Fixed control head for the AP works fine. Anyone have any experience with this unit before i pull it apart? They are NOT cheap. I'd rather fix than replace naturally...

Last edited:
Check the connections at transmitter, should be near the AP brain box.

Check the connections at transmitter, should be near the AP brain box.

Thanks..I will, but The S100 unit will not power up which should be independent of those connections..

Oh ok, yep not sure. Good luck.

I will upload the manual for you. Section 4 has a trouble shooting guide.
Hope it helps

Steve, it's in the Manuals section of the library. The link is in the top right corner of the page.

I will upload the manual for you. Section 4 has a trouble shooting guide.
Hope it helps

Thanks!..Headed there now! Wish me luck...:)

Well...The troubleshooting was no help, so I took it all apart. No sign of Moisture intrusion or any user serviceable parts or reset buttons, but I sprayed the micro-switches with electronics cleaner. Had no hope as they appear to be the sealed style. Batteries in, no love. Checked the Batteries and feed lines. Nothing amiss. Tried to fire it up numerous times apart on the bench...Nuttin. So....Put it all back together and miracle upon miracle it fired up! All is well! Thanks for the help, though it seems luck was the deciding factor!

Luck beats skill every time! Glad you got it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom