Raymarine ES128 MFD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I'm getting serious about buying 2 Raymarine ES MFDs. One ES127 & one ES128 with CHIRP Down Vision. Also, an EV200 Auto Pilot. Does anyone on the Forum have any real world experience with these models? :blush:

I'm also looking at the eS128. My only concern is the Downvision working on my boat with a long keel down the center. I'm thinking the keel will block some of the down vision's viewing angle. This shouldn't be a problem on your boat.

I'm also looking at the eS128. My only concern is the Downvision working on my boat with a long keel down the center. I'm thinking the keel will block some of the down vision's viewing angle. This shouldn't be a problem on your boat.
I'm sure it won't as I have hardly any keel at all! The Tecs just finished the install today except for the transducer for the Down Vision. That will happen on Thursday.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1580.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1581-1.jpg
    IMG_1581-1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1578.jpg
    IMG_1578.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 89
  • MFD, A:p & Fuel mgmt System.jpg
    MFD, A:p & Fuel mgmt System.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 84
I seldom comment on electronic threads as I'm a true Luddite at heart but WOW that helm looks nice! You gotta heck of an office on that boat Walt :thumb::thumb:

Does anyone know where I might purchase any of the following Raymarine MFDs?
es127
es128
e127
e128

I have an e127 and an a128 on our current boat. Our keel does not effect the depth finder to any extent that I can tell. I bought mine at AnchorExpress.com. Very satisfied with their service.

Does anyone know where I might purchase any of the following Raymarine MFDs?
es127
es128
I bought mine through Shelter Island Marine Electronics in San Diego. I'm very satisfied but if I were buying electronics again, I would probably opt for the Raymarine Axiom Pro line. Theyrun an updated Lighthouse III where the eS127 & 128 use Lighthouse II.
Also, as was pointed out some weeks ago, the Axiom Pro is more robust (Powerful) and the data runs faster than on the eS models.:blush: Don't get me wrong...I love my setup and it can do more than I will ever understand.

Last edited:
Yes, if I was just starting I would go with Axiom but I had the e127 when I decided to add a second MFD so I had to stick with Lighthouse II. It isn’t bad but the Axiom sure does a lot of cool things... I found Anchor Express to have the best price at the time and they have a flat rate for shipping that is about $10 or $12. The GPS Store wanted over $120 to ship the same stuff and was more expensive on the equipment also.

Last edited:
Thx to all. I too already have an es series small display and want to add a larger 1 on the bridge. So I really need to find 1 of these: e127, e128, es127 or es128. Problem is, all have been discontinued by Raymarine. Looking for something used(but reliable and in good condition. Thx.

Check the Raymarine web site, they sell refurbished equipment for a better price.

Thx to all. I too already have an es series small display and want to add a larger 1 on the bridge. So I really need to find 1 of these: e127, e128, es127 or es128. Problem is, all have been discontinued by Raymarine. Looking for something used(but reliable and in good condition. Thx.

Are the newer models not interoperable?

Are the newer models not interoperable?

No they are not. The e and a series we’re retired when the Lighthouse 3 operating system was introduced. They tried to make them compatible with LH 3 but they lacked the needed computing power.

You can run two separate systems sharing any NMEA 2000 data but not any data that’s uses the RayNet/ethernet network ie radar, charts etc.

No they are not. The e and a series we’re retired when the Lighthouse 3 operating system was introduced. They tried to make them compatible with LH 3 but they lacked the needed computing power.

You can run two separate systems sharing any NMEA 2000 data but not any data that’s uses the RayNet/ethernet network ie radar, charts etc.

Thanks. That's unfortunate, but good to know. I haven't used ray in about 10 years, so haven't kept up.

I used an EV200 for 3 years. Very pleased with it - a big improvement over previous units. Tracked very nicely.

One good thing is that there are no endless set of parameters to tweak (as my other APs have had). The unit is smart enough to configure itself.

I used an EV200 for 3 years. Very pleased with it - a big improvement over previous units. Tracked very nicely.

One good thing is that there are no endless set of parameters to tweak (as my other APs have had). The unit is smart enough to configure itself.
I agree! Love my EV200!

EV400 here- excellent product!

EV200 for 4 years. Very good performance and tracking. Adding a jog lever this spring.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom