Raymarine - DSM 30 depth sounder loosing bottom.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zappi

I have networked E80's with a DSM 30 reading off of an inhaul transducer. It is networked through a Highspeed switch. On this network is Radar, GPS, and an auto pilot with a wireless remote. The system works good. Untill, while waiting for reduced current*at Seymour Narrows, I picked up my anchor, and while motoring out I noticed my Raymarine chartplotter showed no bottom. I didn't notice this right away because I have an independent Lowrance depth sounder I use also.

So the Raymarine Chart ploter shows no bottom even though the little icon shows the transponder is working. But when I get to Campell river later on it works. But it works only in shallow depths under 60 feet.

Has any one experienced Raymarine sounder problems when working with the Raymarine E series. My chartplotters have been updated to version 5.52 and my DSM 30 to version 4.11.

We had lots and lots of problems with the DSM modules. I have personally had to replace every one I have ever installed at least once. The newer ones are a little better so It will depend on how old it is. Chuck

You may have figured this out by now but there is an update V4.2 available on Raymarine website for DSM 30/300

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom