Raymarine AIS 650

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I'm contemplating adding a Raymarine AIS 650 to my electronics suite and am wondering if the Forum has any input on this model AIS.

Raymarine AIS650-350

I put one in late last year, as part of a new full Raymarine suite. For me its been faultless so far, and v helpful esp when moving at dusk or in poor light conditions. H.

I installed a new Raymarine e127 along with the AIS 650 on our trawler last year. We ran it home from Virginia to Michigan this spring. Loved the AIS especially crossing Lake Ontario in very heavy rain when a 700'+ freighter called us by name to tell us he was changing course to go around us. It was also very interesting to look up targets and see who they were and where they were headed. No problems with the 650.

I have the same setup as comodave. No issues in two years.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback!

Well, the AIS 650 is in and working. They (techs) set it up for a tenth of a mile but that looks awful busy to me! Unless I click on "Dangerous only" there are too many boats shown on my screen. Another thing I've noticed is that when I simply touch the screen, anywhere, boat or no boat, it gives me a quick read out as to distance and heading to that point. That can really come in handy when one wants a quick reference to a shore location, etc.

Please excuse the stupid questions but I haven't had this thing for 24 hours yet! :blush:

P.S. I have new carpeting for the fly bridge & salon and wallpaper in both heads on order and I'm just about out of boat bucks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom