Pretty Solar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not seeing any advantage over a normal, non-folding, non-collapsing solar panel. Yeah, tracking the sun is a big advantage in maximizing your energy collection, but all the rest just seems like useless complication -- no matter how cool it might look.

I really don't care what my power looks like. The questions I always want answered are:
Does it work?
Is the cost lower than some other alternative?

I have solar on my home. (on the roof) I am not exactly impressed. If panels had to be free standing, likely they would go somewhere that wasn't obvious. When I think of solar, I am not thinking about aesthetics. If I want something beautiful, I am not buying solar panels.

A novel approach. It looks like something you’d see along the driveway leading to a green industry corporate headquarters.

It doesn’t surprise me that aesthetics has entered the field as a competing factor in the sale of solar products. Although I don't find the standard product beautiful, I do find the functional concept beautiful, and so my willingness to invest tends to lean toward cost per watt.

Robotic devices to aim equal sized square panel pods also exist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom