Old 12-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #1

City: Corpus Christi
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: 1990 Californian/Carver 48 MY
opensuse Leap 15.1 and openCPN 5.0 for Leap 15.1

For all the computer nuts out here :-) !

Anyone got OpenCPN 5.0 for Leap 15.1 running on opensuse Leap 15.1? Failing Dependency "nothing provides libsgllnx64-2.29.02.so() needed by opencpn-oesenc_pl-5.0.0.1570587127......"
Looks like this module is needed to get the chart downloader function working.
There are some conflicts also detected.

For kicks I blew away that systems and built a opensuse Leap 15.0 and tried with the opencpn 5.0 leap 15.0 build, same problem

Any ideas
The Brockerts
The Brockerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
Guru

City: Bethesda, MD
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
oh, welcome to the hell that can be library dependencies. I'd think this question might get better traction over on the opencpn forums. Which I think are over here: OpenCPN - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

But a short search seems to indicate that's part of oeserverd and eventually the SGlock support for USB security keys (for copy-protected maps or something).
Old 12-16-2019, 08:45 AM   #3

City: Corpus Christi
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: 1990 Californian/Carver 48 MY
Bill,
Thanks for the reply, yes I've be running SuseLinux for 20 years and this dependency has me stumped. I post here after reviewing the the CruiserForum, but I'll head back over there as there is a more active community for this stuff.

The Brockerts
The Brockerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Guru

City: Bethesda, MD
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
When USB and security keys come into play you know things are going to get strange.

It can be a real trip down the rabbit hole trying to get dependencies sorted out.

All too often someone that didn't understand how things "fit together" often hard-codes a specific thing. Which sometimes makes future 'clean' installs a problem. As in, they didn't know how it really worked, but banged on it hard enough to figure out a specific dependency and forced including it. Various other versions develop, but the old install is still there. Testing gets done on the crusty layers of old installs. Aka "it works on MY machine, so ship it". As opposed to fresh installs which would immediately reveal the dependency issues. But then you circle back to the problem of folks not knowing how "the thing" actually works...

Oh the time I've had wasted trying to bang on some linux installs. RPMs were never my favorite. Debian's 'apt' system seems better at wrangling this sort of thing (or at least "less worse").

Sorry I don't have an answer for ya, but know I feel for the aggravation that kind of problem causes!