One prolonged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jungpeter

Guru
Vessel Name
LIBERTY
Vessel Make
TOLLY 48
For those who might be interested, I have passed RENDEZVOUS (Canoe Cove 53) forward to her new owner. I believe she will remain in the Pacific Northwest, possibly berthed out of Anacortes, WA. Very sorry to see her go, as she served me well for the 12+ years I owned her. With lots of life left, I believe she will serve her new owner well also. I wish him fair winds and following seas!

RENDEZVOUS has been replaced with SPIRIT BEAR, a Pacific Trawler 40, born in 2000. An obviously MUCH simpler (and smaller!) boat, having but a single engine, single generator, no watermaker, no washer and dryer, etc etc. But with more than adequate accommodations and performance to suit my wife and I. She has her usual assortment of warts (she's a boat, of course), none of which prevent immediate use as-is. Winter will be spent bringing her to my satisfaction, followed by further ventures into the wilds north in the PNW.

I post this only to avoid confusion with my Avatar, which I will change soon. My thread (ONE PROLONGED), which is of course the international sound signal designating a change of status for a vessel (moored to underway, for instance), sort of matches my current status as well. While properly used by the skipper when departing a dock, I thought it was sort of appropriate.

Regards,

Pete

Congratulations and best wishes. We hope to be up north this summer ourselves. Perhaps our tracks will cross.

Congratulations on the new boat. It's always a sad day when the old one goes to a new owner, but that sadness is tempered with the arrival of the new boat.

Now go have fun.

Congrats!

I'm from north coast BC where Spirit Bears are the most concentrated. (For those that don't know, Spirit Bears are pure white black bears which the First Nations people say is a reminder of when snow and ice covered the land).

I notice you have a First Nations bear carving as your avatar...up here the black form lines for a Spirit Bear would be white instead of black, like this;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/northernbc/4324176447/

Don't know if you want to paint over those form lines, just thought you might want to know...

Last edited:
Congrats on your new boat! It's always great to move from the old to the new, regardless of size! Obviously this is a much better fit for this stage of your life. Hopefully a great new chapter in your mariner life-book.

But you know the rules...No pics? It never happened!!

Congrats on your new boat! It's always great to move from the old to the new, regardless of size! Obviously this is a much better fit for this stage of your life. Hopefully a great new chapter in your mariner life-book.

But you know the rules...No pics? It never happened!!

Ditto!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Congrats !!

DOUBLE PLEASURE!

Its said the happiest day in your life is the day you buy your boat , and the day you sell your boat .

Sounds like you had a great twofer.

Thanks to all for your congratulations and good wishes. Onward with life's adventures!

For me, the passing forward of RENDEZVOUS to her new owner was far from the happiest day of my life. I'm a big, strong, adult male. And I cried.

Sigh.

Pete

No pics..... it didn't happen, no embarrassment
Ted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom