Nobeltec Trident & Furuno MaxSea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BelleAurore

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Belle Aurore
Vessel Make
Hatteras LRC 48/53
In the middle of a major electronics upgrade. Have already installed a furuno MFD12 on flybridge with hub, fish finder, 12kW radar, GPS receiver and now planning for the pilot house. Definitely want two separate systems here. I also have Nobeltec trident (put on a laptop to get our boat home a couple years ago) and Nobeltec smaller radar so this is what I'm thinking...

Install two solid state drive PC's in PH each with dual DVI outputs, install second GPS antenna (old one was 0183) for Nobeltec allow the only item shared by two systems to be the heading sensor. Purchase furuno MaxSea then install both programs on each PC. Both Nobeltec and furuno allow for installation on two computers.

PH will have two monitors. Run a DVI from each PC to each monitor, like; PC-1's DVI-1 to monitor A, PC-1's DVI-2 to monitor B, PC-2's DVI-1 to monitor A, PC-2's DVI-2 to monitor B.

This allows me to share furuno between MFD12 and MaxSea and should one system crash we have a complete backup.

What am I missing?

Trident has been superceded for quite some time. But this link below should take you to where you can get an updated program. Be aware that the latest software is not fully compatible with older hardware. When contacting Timezero it would be best to indicate what hardware, in terms of NavNet 3D items, you want to integrate.

https://mytimezero.com/previous-versions

I think odyssey ran on windows 7 and only networked with navnet 3. Timezero 3 will also work with navnet 3, but not so with current furuno tz. Time zero 4 only networks with furuno tzseries.

Why use a DVI port? Its an older technology thats most new monitors don't support anymore. HDMI or better still DisplayPort. You might even get a better picture.

Why use a DVI port? Its an older technology thats most new monitors don't support anymore. HDMI or better still DisplayPort. You might even get a better picture.

Old thread. DVI wasn't quite so out-dated in 2013.

Doh.

I still prefer dvi because It’s less likely to work it’s way out. Don’t like using dabs of superglue.

Seems as if a suspiciously new member’s post of “I need the trident can someone help me” restarted an older yet still relevant thread. [emoji12]

Doh.

I still prefer dvi because It’s less likely to work it’s way out. Don’t like using dabs of superglue.

The DisplayPort cable has a locking tab. It pushes into the connector, but you must squeeze it to release the tab. Unlike HDMI connectors.

Back
Top Bottom