No Wake Signs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As the original poster my beef was with all the unauthorized no wake signs I've seen along the ICW. It makes a mockery of the real ones and causes confusion for those who want to obey the law.

That does not mean that I condone any speed one chooses where a authorized no wake zone is not established. A person entering or exiting their boat tied up along a dock should reasonably expect a passing boater to minimize their wake. On the other hand a homeowner who ties up his expensive little bow-rider permanently on his dock cannot expect everyone to show down and respect his decision to be cheap by not storing his boat properly along a highly traveled waterway with no authorized speed or wake limit.

Respect and consideration goes both ways!

As the original poster my beef was with all the unauthorized no wake signs I've seen along the ICW. It makes a mockery of the real ones and causes confusion for those who want to obey the law.

That does not mean that I condone any speed one chooses where a authorized no wake zone is not established. A person entering or exiting their boat tied up along a dock should reasonably expect a passing boater to minimize their wake. On the other hand a homeowner who ties up his expensive little bow-rider permanently on his dock cannot expect everyone to show down and respect his decision to be cheap by not storing his boat properly along a highly traveled waterway with no authorized speed or wake limit.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And with that wonderful little tidbit, we feel this thread has gone far enough. Thank you for playing. :D

Back
Top Bottom