It's been going slower than I'd like. It just seems that I don't have the time to dedicate to really get a couple nice long days. Life can do that...
The plotter is in and linked up to the N2K network. I've been unable to find the original style breakers anywhere on earth, so in order to put the horn and wipers back in service grabbed a couple new Blue Seas ones. It looks like garbage, so even though I swore to myself I wasn't going to rewire the breaker rack I found myself buying the parts to do exactly that.
Of course, that requires a new cover plate system. I had some oak boards left over from a house project, so I cut and routed them yesterday, and hopefully I'll get them glued up tonight. I went with West Marine brand panels because the equivalent Blue Seas panels were almost a grand, even at wholesale.
I'm back to square one on the radome replacement project. I was well on the way to funding it when I got the quote back from the canvas place to replace the dodger on the sailboat, for $4000. And that from the only canvas shop to even bother to quote. So I spent my radome money on a Sailrite sewing machine, and I'll sew it myself. So for half of what the dodger would cost I got the machine, the material to do the dodger, and the material to do a Bimini and paddle board covers for the trawler. Coincidently enough I had just donated my other sewing machine to an orphanage we work with down in Haiti because I wasn't using it enough. I console myself with the thought that it wouldn't have been able to handle the strataglass.
If the weather ever clears I'll get a chance to use this instead of just work on it.