Old 09-16-2017, 06:56 AM   #21

City: Boynton Beach, FL
To answer a few people's questions...
Yes, you can download the Navionics app to more than one device. If you purchase the app through the Apple store then, on your second (or third or fourth) Apple device, just log into the Apple store with the same login you used to purchase. The same goes for the Google Play store.
One caveat is that if you have both an apple device and an android device you will need to purchase both versions as they are actually two separate apps (apple VS Android) so they do not share between Apple and Android devices.
In settings, if you click Sync Data then any way points, routes, etc. That you save on one device will be viewable on your other devices as well (as long as all devices are either Apple or android as discussed above).

As for the price, there are different versions of the app. The versions that are $10 to $15 are for phones and the versions that are. $50 and up are for tablet sized screens (these are the high definition (HD) versions. You can use HD versions on phones but it's best not to try to use the phone versions on tablet sized screens.
What other clarifications can I help with?
cruiserChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:05 AM   #22

City: North NJ
Vessel Name: Bassey
Vessel Model: 17' Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserChick View Post
To answer a few people's questions...
Yes, you can download the Navionics app to more than one device. If you purchase the app through the Apple store then, on your second (or third or fourth) Apple device, just log into the Apple store with the same login you used to purchase. The same goes for the Google Play store.
One caveat is that if you have both an apple device and an android device you will need to purchase both versions as they are actually two separate apps (apple VS Android) so they do not share between Apple and Android devices.
In settings, if you click Sync Data then any way points, routes, etc. That you save on one device will be viewable on your other devices as well (as long as all devices are either Apple or android as discussed above).

As for the price, there are different versions of the app. The versions that are $10 to $15 are for phones and the versions that are. $50 and up are for tablet sized screens (these are the high definition (HD) versions. You can use HD versions on phones but it's best not to try to use the phone versions on tablet sized screens.
What other clarifications can I help with?
Thank you that was my big question. I understand about paying for android vs ios. I wondered if I could share the subscription across all of my androids.
TowLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #23

Yes, you can share it across your androids as long as you are logged into each of the devices with the Google play store email that you first purchased with.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #24

Was my main queation before i did purchase it and play some more for next season. Thats great to know.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #25
Guru

City: Punta Gorda, fl
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowLou View Post
What is everyones opinion in real life use of Navtronics plus app on a android device?

With the features of tides and it looks like weather and something about sonar that pulls from other boats linked up.

Plus just a chart constantly updating when in data range.

Lookimg at it amd for 55 the first year may entertain it to add to my phone and play with it on the lake and for the next time i get to go out on the ocean.

Use Garmin Blue Charts.
Runs with Active Captain.
Does not use “Data” while running.
Runs while out of range of cell service.
Pgitug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgitug View Post
Use Garmin Blue Charts.
Funny you mention that. I just singed into active captain and started a boat card the other day to see what it has and how to navigate through there.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgitug View Post
Use Garmin Blue Charts.
Navionics has Community Edits which is similar to active CAPTAIN. Navionics only uses data while you're downloading the charts, not while running the app. Navionics works great out of frame of cell and wifi. I used it throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas where we could be days and days Sail away from any kind of signal...
Just some info so you can make your own comparison.
Let me know if you have questions or other points of concern.